The Dispatcher / Broker Assistant is responsible for overseeing and documenting the pickup and delivery of shipments, as well as coordinating and communicating shipment information between drivers and the corresponding broker.
Job Type: Full time
- Timely event data entry of shipment-pickup, in transit updates, delivery, obtain proof of delivery.
- Provide customer service to identify and meet specific customer needs. Answer/make customer inquiry calls and address customer concerns.
- Data entry of load details to expedite carrier confirmations.
- Identifying and coordinating the prioritization of rushed/urgent/last minute shipments.
- Other duties and responsibilities would be assigned as business demands deem necessary.
- A team player who works well with others
- A strong work ethic
- Growth mindset – continually looking for ways to improve yourself and the company
- Customer service focus
- Bilingual preferred but not required
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalency required; Associate Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 0-3 years in the transportation industry experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills with abilities to develop new ideas and innovative solutions.
- High attention to details and organization.
- Strong geographic and mapping skills. Sense of direction and coordination to build routes.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with customers, drivers, and co-workers—communication is key!
What we offer:
- We provide the following health insurance coverages.
- Coverage begins after 30-days of employment.
- Insurance premiums are covered at 100% by employer.
- 401K available
Salary based on years of experience