The Transportation Broker is responsible for identifying, developing, and retaining relationships with new and existing customers and carriers within the shipping community. The ideal Broker succeeds in a fast-paced environment and has knowledge of and experience with perishable commodities
Job Type: Full-time
- Recognize business opportunities and develop professional working relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Evaluate market data and retain awareness of industry trends to competitively cross-sell the company’s services.
- Quote shipments, negotiate rates, and arrange for freight transportation using the services of authorized carriers.
- Generate profitable sales in both new and existing accounts to meet A & A’s goals and exceed revenue objectives.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic sales plans.
- Take advantage of value-creation opportunities by working closely with the management team to develop creative workable solutions for customer needs.
- Monitor truck movements and collaborate with Transportation Coordinators to make certain of on-time deliveries.
- Accurately complete file maintenance and documentation from the start of each load until delivery and payment reconciliation.
- Evaluate credit limits and terms extended to clients and prepare bills of lading and other necessary paperwork for all freight movement.
- Resolve client and carrier conflicts (including investigation, reporting of claims, etc.) and provide follow-up customer approval as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years of experience in the Logistics/Transportation industry.
- Established knowledge of business and sales concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Conscious of domestic regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the Logistics and Transportation industry.
- Essential knowledge of business financial principles including budgets, financial reporting, and expense control.
- Detailed understanding of load boards such as DAT and Internet Truckstop, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, & decision-making skills.
- Possesses an expertise for time management and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
What we offer:
- We provide the following health insurance coverages.
- Coverage begins after 30-days of employment.
- Insurance premiums are covered at 100% by employer.
- 401K available
Salary based on years of experience